Howard County Greens Weblog

The Green Party Local in Howard County, Maryland.

19 June 2006

Minutes from 18 June Local Meeting

The meeting notes are up on the web page (linked from the blog title). They focus on meeting with Rionn Dennis from CASE MD, and include the voting records of our representatives in Annapolis.

Next meeting will be July 23rd at the Blue Cow Cafe. This one won't be competing with Father's day celebrations, so let's get some turn out. Let me know if there are any topics you would like to see added to the agenda for that one.

5 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Blogger Jamison said...

A quick question, I noticed on the statewide site that you are collecting signatures to stay on the ballot. Where is that happening at? Or if we want to help you guys out, do we just print off a signature collection form, collect our own signature and send it in? Actually is that legal? What's the plan? I didn't know your ballot spot was endanger until I found out by accident. While I couldn't be a Green, I have no trouble support your place on the ballot.

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Howard County Green Party Webmistress said...

Thanks, I really appreciate that.

If you let me know where in Maryland you hang out, I can put you in touch with someone who has the petition for you to sign, OR check out http://www.mdgreens.org/ and see who the contact is in your area.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Jamison said...

I live in North Anne Arundel County, but I work in Howard County.

 
At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding possible topics for discussion at July's meeting, how about ensuring some of the topics cover very current issues local folks are concerned about?

Some include:
- BGE rate hikes / ways to conserve energy to control costs
- Gas prices / ways to conserve gas
- Why are our commutes just getting worse? / ways to improve transportation
- Development in Howard County / Is the Columbia Town Center master plan unworkable as is?

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Howard County Green Party Webmistress said...

I'll put them on the list of suggested topics.

Will you show up to the meeting and brainstorm on solutions?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home